About the role:
We’re hiring our first full-stack software engineer to advance goTenna’s two key web products, which interact with and enhance the functionality and user experience of our hardware and mobile apps.
One product is the interactive goTenna Mesh Network Map which is in its infancy but we believe will be a core part of the consumer mesh networking experience moving forward. For instance, we expect the map to evolve to be the centralized repository of information, community, and some important functionalities in an otherwise completely distributed and often off-grid communications network. We also plan to offer users opportunities to sync their off-grid device and app experiences with the online, community-based web product. (And without getting too far into it: we think this website is likely to provide backhaul access management as well as integrations with the blockchain!)
The other product is the goTenna Pro Management Portal, which provides one-stop fleet administration of organizations’ devices and users. The portal syncs with devices and apps (as well as the Deployment Kit), and provides a complete toolset for administrators at HQ as well as operators in the field. The portal is also the keystone of a variety of enhanced software services including deeper customization, access to upgradeable features, and functionality related to communications backhaul which is so essential for our tactical-grade customers.
In this position, you will collaborate with others who focus on engineering disciplines such as: networking, hardware, mobile apps, QA, and product design to create highly integrated products for our customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- B.S. degree in computer science or related engineering field
- 5+ years experience in full-stack software engineering
- 2+ years experience in the following:
- Java, Python, CSS, and HTML
- Creating and consuming RESTful APIs, data web services
- Databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- AWS/EC2, Azure, and private cloud services
- GitHub, SSH, Linux and Windows OS
- Database SQL Query
IT’D BE AWESOME IF YOU HAD:
- A preference for Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with tools like LeanKit Kanban and Bugzilla
- Experience with web products that interface with hardware and/or mobile apps
- Exposure to and appreciation of UI/UX design best practices
- Personal interest in any or all of the following: RF, blockchain, IoT, networking protocols, encryption
- Love for goTenna!
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. Compensation package includes: annual salary, equity, benefits (100% of premiums covered for employees; 50% for dependents), a $1,500 technology stipend, a month of holidays and PTO each year, and other good stuff (e.g. FSA, commuter tax benefits).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.