About the Company:
goTenna is a Brooklyn based startup, building products that enable completely decentralized
communication. We’re starting with an eponymous device that, paired with your smartphone, lets
you communicate with friends even when you have no cell or data service. goTenna aims to
become part of everyone’s technology essentials, reducing our reliance on cell towers and wi-fi
routers; and providing users the ability to create a network on their terms, anywhere in the
world, free of charges or fees. Our first product started shipping in October 2015 and after
being solely available on our website, in spring 2016 we launched at REI nationwide and are now
expanding into different retail channels. We have various new products coming out later this year
We care a ton about what we’re building — from both philosophical and technological
perspectives — and our team is a scrappy group, armed with two rounds of
venture capital from some really nice folks (incl. Collaborative Fund, Bloomberg Beta, A16Z, Brooklyn
Bridge, MentorTech, BBG, Walden). Our downtown Brooklyn loft is stocked with snacks, a special room
named after Freud, and a friendly, smart people who like teaching and learning from each other.
About the Role:
Given where we are on the new product introduction cycle with our next consumer product — starting to ship by end of year — and a new hardware product coming in Q1, this is a great opportunity for someone to get in on the relative ground floor around the operations concerning our supply chain and manufacturing processes. Your role is to overall help us get more things done, without sacrificing quality (our first product has an <1% fail rate, way under the consumer electronics industry average), while improving processes and removing roadblocks.
This role’s main responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with global suppliers from RFQ stage to PO to final delivery for both sustaining products and new product development. Suppliers include electronics manufacturers (CMs), component distributors, component OEMs, packaging/printing suppliers, plastics suppliers, tooling/test suppliers, soft goods producers, logistics providers, testing service suppliers, consultants etc.
- Function as main point of contact for the company’s manufacturing and logistics partners, ensuring a productive, long-term working relationship for new product introduction (NPI) and delivery. This includes being a partner to sales & marketing leads as they bring in business from channel partners (e.g. retailers, institutionals & more).
- Monitor and evaluate operations and supply chain on a consistent basis to ensure that product is produced on time and within budget at the highest possible quality level.
- Track order quantities and monitor/evaluate manufacturing and warehouse operations as they relate to order fulfillment.
- Directly responsible for all production scheduling inventory planning and product cost analysis. Works effectively with engineering, sales and other departments to ensure that production planning integrates with new product release plans, product changes and sales forecasts
- Responsible for product lifecycle management (PLM) and document control, including engineer change orders (ECOs), Manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOMs) and manufacturing process and quality requirements.
- Work closely with product & engineering to understand the manufacturing and quality specifications and how they are to be tested at the contract manufacturer to ensure proper testing processes are being implemented.
- Work with product & engineering to implement DFM (Design for Manufacture) and QA (Quality Assurance) practices to ensure efficient manufacturability.
- Develop a compliance strategy for all products for different markets and ensure that they meet all required standards such as RoHS, FCC, etc (add other compliance needs)
Required: Production/mechanical/electrical engineering degree or certificate. You’ll need a deep technical background beyond the operational experience—and hopefully you have at least 5 years executing in almost exactly this kind of role.
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, reporting to the CEO. Compensation package includes: annual salary, equity, benefits (100% of premiums covered), a $1,500 technology stipend, and a month of holidays and PTO each year.
To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email “Ops/supply chain”. We are hiring immediately.