What is RISE:NYC?
RISE:NYC is a Superstorm Sandy business recovery and resiliency program, administered by the New York City Economic Development Corporation, that helps NYC small businesses adapt to and mitigate the impacts of natural disasters through innovative technologies. As an award winner, goTenna will be distributing its goTenna Mesh devices for FREE to eligible small businesses to increase their communications resiliency in the case of another emergency.
You are eligible to receive FREE goTenna Mesh devices through RISE:NYC if you:
- Are a NYC small business, as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) AND
- Were directly or indirectly affected by Superstorm Sandy OR were located in the FEMA-designated 100-year floodplain at the time of Superstorm Sandy
What is goTenna Mesh?
Who needs routers or towers? goTenna Mesh is an award-winning device that enables text & GPS on your smartphone, 100% off-grid. Plus, you can relay messages through other devices to extend range — no service required!
goTenna is a Brooklyn-based technology company founded in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, inspired by the mission of enabling people to create their own communication networks using the phones already in their pockets.
- Send & receive messages
- Share locations on free offline maps
- Instant transmission within range
- Private, encrypted 1-to-1 & group messaging
- Delivery confirmation & message retry
- Public broadcasts to anyone within range
- Upgradeable via firmware & software updates
- It's FREE!
- Communications is the keystone of any business & in any emergency
- goTenna Mesh provides easy-to-use backup or redundant communications for your team & community when service is unavailable or unreliable
What do you need to enroll?
- General business information
- Most recent annual Business Tax Return (or Individual Tax Return including Schedule C if you are a Sole Proprietor)
- Any questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org